They say that experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want. And no matter what your goal is, there will always be something or someone in the way. Obstacles can be annoying or even depressing but they don’t have to stop you.
Here are 5 things you’ve probably heard before; but motivation and determination can often be found in reminders of things we already know!
1. Every “no” and every “failure” shows us one way to not accomplish something. Usually we can look at the opposite of a situation to find new ways to achieve the goal.
2. It’s all in how you look at it – attitude really does make a difference. Because if you can find the good and allow yourself to feel better about a situation, your mind will automatically work on finding solutions rather than simply looking for ways to soothe your ego and emotions.
3. Flexibility and negotiation will get you a lot of things you thought were unattainable. There’s more than one way to do almost everything.
4. Don’t let yourself be overwhelmed. Find ways to stay in the moment and deal with first things first. Even the biggest obstacle can be broken down into manageable bits.
5. Know when to get help. Some obstacles truly seem like walls that you can’t get over or around no matter how hard you work at it. This is a good time to get another perspective. Someone else may see a solution you don’t, or they may have encountered – and overcome similar situations.
Need specific help figuring it out? Contact me today.