Last time we looked at some of the things that will leave a bad impression of your company. But the goal is to make sure that everybody who has contact with your business is left with a good impression! This includes suppliers, people seeking information, and especially current and potential customers.
Maybe you’ve heard that “word-of-mouth” is the best advertising you can get. This is often true. When a client is satisfied he will recommend you. So, what are some things you can do to make sure everybody has good things to say about your company?
- Greet customers when they come in. Everybody wants to be noticed and acknowledged. The best way to do this is with a prompt pleasant greeting.
- Give a little extra. Whether it’s extra service, the perfect accessory to go with your products, or tips on how to get the best use from what you sell, people love to feel they’re getting something extra.
- Keep your promises. Return phone calls and letters. Be open when you say you will be there. Deliver on time. Doing what you say you will do is how you build trust.
- Ask for referrals, and provide a meaningful thank you gift when you get them. Give your customers an incentive to provide good “word-of-mouth” advertising for your business.
- Always say thank you. It’s a small thing to do, but it lets your customers know you appreciate them and their business.
- Follow up with your customers and keep in regular contact with them. People want to do business with someone who cares.
- Mind your telephone manners. No prospect or customer wants to feel like they are an interruption, or that their concerns and questions aren’t important to you. You telephone manner should show respect and appreciation.
If you start with these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making sure your customers have nothing but good things to say.
Vanessa Shelton is a web designer, marketing consultant and copywriter with over 20 years experience. She uses “The Right Words – The Right Way” to bring your ideas and vision to the world. With newsletters, article marketing, the website refresh, and more in her arsenal, Vanessa is ready to help small business owners and independent professionals get attention, and get results. Visit http://vanessasdesk.com to see how Vanessa can help you.